Podcast - Episode 7- Part 2 "All Voices Will Be Heard" with Workplace Bullying Expert Linda Crockett
Listen & Follow on Spotify
Listen & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Listen & Subscribe on Google Podcasts
October is National bullying prevention month & this week, October 18-24 is Freedom From Workplace Bullies week in the US & Workplace Bullying Awareness Week in Canada.
In Part 2 with my guest Linda Crockett, we discuss the following topics:
- What are common mistakes that contact professionals (unions, HR, investigators, mediators – anyone who is a First Responder for the target ) make when addressing these cases?
- What are common mistakes Human Resources or others make when assessing or investigating these cases?
- What about Board Governance and the role of the Board of Directors in handling workplace abuse? Who holds the Board of Directors accountable? (I invited Linda to return as a guest to dig deeper into this topic – be sure to Subscribe to my podcast so you don’t miss that one!)
- Are doctors, therapists, or insurance companies making mistakes on managing these issues too? (ie: Can you be forced to take medication by the insurance carrier as part of your treatment plan?)
- Now that more people are talking about workplace bullying, are you seeing things improve or are you seeing more mistakes being made?
- What helps people restore, repair, or recover and move on with their lives? (Linda shares so, so many great ideas to help us heal; self-care, getting away, unplugging, seeking help with our doctor or a therapist and medication. She also gives tips about how to stop ruminating about our experience and stop that loop from running over and over - if you've been through this you know exactly what she's talking about. I loved her quote on this"Some of that stinkin' thinkin' makes YOU sick!"
- As an anti-bullying specialist, do you still get bullied?
- What has been the most difficult part of this journey you have been on?
- What has been the most rewarding?
- What is next for you?
We wrap up the episode with Linda sharing what she feels is the most important quality of a gentlewoman to emulate today - and I after spending this time with her I can tell you she excels at this quality.
ABOUT MY GUEST Linda Crockett
Linda Crockett is a certified trauma therapist and social worker with 32 years of experience in her profession. After experiencing workplace bullying and receiving a diagnosis of PTSD as a result, she discovered there were no resources available to people suffering from this workplace abuse. Linda then completed her master’s degree specializing in this area and became a longstanding member of the International Association of Workplace Bullying and Harassment. She is also a proud alumnus of the Workplace Bullying Institute in the USA.
In 2010 she pioneered the first full service, workplace bullying resource centre in Canada. Linda offers services from consults to assessments, training for leaders and staff, advocacy, and coaching. On the private practise side of her business, Linda provides specialized treatment for those who are harmed, and a specialize rehab program for those doing the harming. Her philosophy is that we must provide education and treatment for all parties, or we will never fully resolve this abuse. Linda has lobbied for changes in policies, legislation, and with this now obtained in Alberta Canada, she is now working on establishing standards for investigations relating to workplace psychological harassment or psychological violence.
FIND MY GUEST HERE
HER UPCOMING WEBINAR: https://abrc.ca/workplace-bullying-training-for-contact-professionals/
ABOUT THE HOST Michelle Horlbogen
Two days after reporting ethical concerns to her employer, Michelle was fired. Six months later she launched her website and podcast as a platform for whistleblowers and targets of workplace bullying and retaliation.
As a writer, podcast host and speaker, Michelle helps people who have been targets of workplace bullies find their voice by leading with transparency about her own experience, making herself accessible to them as a mentor, writing and sharing empowering material and content about workplace abuse and board accountability, as well as speaking publicly on the topic.
For partnership, collaboration, and general inquiries, please use the Contact button.
VISIT MY WEBSITE The Gentlewoman Boss
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING Testimonials
LEAVE A REVIEW Thank You!
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to Rate, Review & Subscribe!
Thank you for your support